Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Could This Be the Turning Point? *A blog from Tim's Perspective!*

Tina thought it would be a good idea for me to take a break from my geisha training to blog about my experience in Vietnam to date.

The good:
We finally got out of the house after Tina's sick day and went around town. We ended up going shopping and buying our trip to Ha Long Bay. I put in an order for a custom tailored suit for around $250 US which will look awesome cuz I made it. Tina put in her orders for some designer dresses each costing around $40 US (including fabric) each which will look awesome cuz a designer made it. Also, the sun was finally shining yesterday, so I was able to get a nice tan that rivals Steven Ingram. Too bad my shirt was still on so it's not much different from the same farmers tan I get in Houston.

The food has been amazing thus far. Everything I've grown accustomed to in the US has been thrown out the window because the flavors here are so different. I've eaten more fruit in the past few days than I've ever eaten in my life. From bananas, to coconuts, to dragon fruit, to boob milk fruit. And the best part about all the food I've eaten, is that it's so cheap. For instance this Banh Xeo cost $35,000 dong or roughly under $2 US.
Tina's family has been awesome. Her uncle who is housing us brings us home food for breakfast and dinner every day. Even though we will leave a place at the same time, he will somehow manage to pick up food on his mo-ped before we even get home. Also, that rooster that Tina blogged about that wakes us up every day at 4:30, he called the owners and tried to buy it so that we could sleep in! They told him $1,000,000 dong or around $60 US. He said "why so expensive? I'm just going to eat it!" But apparently, they use it for Cock Fights (cue the SOAD song). The rest of her family has been so nice. They always try to talk to me in what little Viet I know. And her grandma is so sweet.

The bad:
Apparently the shirt that I wore yesterday did not agree with my armpits. So, even though I wore deodorant, it somehow rubbed off all the skin where my hair is. My armpit burns so much every time it rubs against my skin. At least now I'll get some use out of my Goldbond.

The ugly:
So I've been looking for a wife to bring back to the US, but I've been unsuccessful so far. Then yesterday I realized that I was looking in the wrong place. All I had to do was go to the mall and say the word citizenship.

We won't be able to post for a while since our "trip within a trip" starts soon, but I'm sure you guys get the gist of Vietnam.

2 comments:

  1. Pleez find mee Viet hore I can make sitizen. -MY

    ReplyDelete
  2. TIM!!!! Did you finish everything on that plate? Also, we will definitely compare tans when you guys get back. Dude, there is this awesome movie coming out with michael cera. In order to date some girl he likes, he has to battle her 7 ex-boyfriends in videogame style fights. So awesome!!

    TINA!!!! I booked my flight for Austin for my birthday so you guys better be there too. On another note, it seems like your uncle has a lot of money. Since he can afford a 5 story house, can you ask him to buy me a banana slug? Thanks

    -Ing

    ReplyDelete