Friday, June 11, 2010

Sad Day: Tim's Geisha Training is Over


It's 4:30 AM in the morning over here and we just dropped Timmy off at the airport because his two weeks of vacation are over. Before you ask...yes, I am really sad that he's gone but I'm more nervous than anything right now because I know that Tim falls asleep super duper easily everywhere he goes.


That's him sleeping after 15 minutes of being in the car after eating lunch. With that being said, I'm scared that he's going to fall asleep at the gates and miss his flights! It'll be the longest 20 something hours of my life just hoping that he doesn't sleep at the wrong times. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Since I can't sleep right now...I'll go ahead and blog for the last couple of days. Not much more has happened because we've been just laying low and visiting my relatives so that Tim could pay his respects and say goodbye to everyone. I just have to put up this picture because it's my favorite so far. It's of Tim's last visit with my grandmother in Vietnam.


My grandma kept hugging him and tearing up while he was there. And when he left...she got up on her own and walked to the door just to wave to him while he was in the taxi! The cutest thing ever...!

We did pick up our custom made clothes that we got made in Vietnam. Tim's suit looks super duper sharp! But I'm sure you knew that from Tim's drunken blog. LOL. I got three dresses made and they're pretty nice. Each dress cost me 30 bucks and Tim's suit cost him 250. If you're ever engaged and want a designer dress made...for sure get it made in Vietnam! I was talking to the seamstress that made my clothes and she told me that she made wedding dresses for 100 bucks each including the fabric! WTF.....? Super cheap right? But seriously, if you're getting married and want a custom dress let me know cause I have her contact information. She says she can do all the ordering through email. =)

The biggest thing that we did these past couple of days was go to the beach! It wasn't GORGEOUS or anything. The water was pretty much like Galveston to give you a better idea. But, nonetheless, it was really fun for me because I hadn't played at a beach for so long.


I spent the majority of my time getting crabs. No really, I did catch some crabs that day.

Yes, we bought this bucket at the beach just to catch crabs! My mom yelled at me for wasting money on a bucket so please just admire our catches so that I can feel better about spending $3.50 on a toy bucket!

I also spent a great portion of the day COVERING UP MY BODY! There were guys with cameras all up and down the beach with the high definition lenses where it goes out like....a foot and a half! Anyway...this one guy circled around me 2-3 times so Tim came running to me to scare him off. Then we started walking back to my mom and I looked over about 50 feet and the same guy was looking at me, holding his camera, and gesturing me to come to him! GRODY!!!!! Tip to all the girls: WEAR ONE PIECES FOR SURE! My sister warned me ahead of time so I wore my most non-revealing bathing suit (i.e. bikini shorts and I positioned the top to look like I was flat chested) but it didn't matter at all!

Then we decided to get some fast food because we wanted to see what it was like. Let me tell you something...they have no concept of "fast" here whatsoever. Our order came out in pieces and we didn't even get all our food until 20 minutes after eating! I'm not going to lie...after every bite I kept wondering if I was eating parts of dogs or puppies. LOL! My jokes are lame cause I'm sleep deprived right now but this is all I got, people! Here's a funny advertisement that we saw while waiting for our food.

Reminds me of my brother when he was younger and chubby.

Some of you guys have been telling me that I need to explore Vietnam more or that it doesn't even feel like I left the country because you guys will see me online a lot. But you need to keep in mind that there is a 12 hour difference over here! So when you guys are asleep...I'm out and about over here. And then when it's really late at night/early morning over here...it's day time for you guys. I have trouble sleeping over here so you'll see me online during that time. That's my justification for being online a lot so please stop pushing me to do "crazy" stuff. Because I am doing crazy stuff! For instance...I ate turtle yesterday! And...I've been eating street food almost every day. Don't think that's crazy enough? MY TOILET SAYS OTHERWISE. Eating street food gives me the runs every day.

Okay, I seriously need to sleep. I miss you guys so much. Wish me good luck cause now it's just me and my mom left. I pray to God that we don't kill each other cause we're going to be sharing a room very soon and, if you remember from my post awhile back, she will probably wake me up at 4 in the morning with her loudness! Tah-tah from the motherland!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post, Tina! You're a hilarious blog writer. Glad to see that the trip is going well!

    ReplyDelete